[vtkusers] two images in vtkImageViewer2?

Sebastian Schäfer hel800 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 18:56:56 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to VTK and I'm trying to use vtkImageViewer2 for the following
purpose: The ImageViewer is displaying slices of volume data and in every
Slice I'd like to mark/highlight a specific region. Can I use a second image
as an (transparent) overlay image? I found out, that I can work with layers
in the vtkRenderWindow, but I can't simply add Images to the RenderWindow
like I used to do with the ImageViewer. So, maybe someone has an idea.

There's a second question: The vtkImageViewer comes with automatic
window/level adjustment allocated to the left mouse button. I tried hard to
find a way to switch it off, as I don't need it. Do I have to create a whole
new ImageActor for that?

Thank you for your help!
Best regards,
Sebastian