[vtkusers] newbie question

massimodisasha massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 22 13:41:24 EST 2006

hi,
this is my first approach to the wonderfool world of VTK.
sorry for the newbie question:

i'm on mac osx,
  i've succesfool installed VTK-5.0.2
with the cocoa setting
instruction found at :

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK

i've succesfool build the VTK software.
and after a little problem....
  i've succesfool build the
SimpleCocoaVTK project in Xcode.

now i'm reading to go ???
i've tryed to run :
ccmake
make

in all this folder :
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step2/Cxx
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step3/Cxx
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step4/Cxx
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step5/Cxx
/VTK/Examples/Tutorial/Step6/Cxx

i've compiled this example files, now i've :
in step1/cxx:
Makefile   cmake.depends  cmake.check_depends   Cone.o   Cone

in step1/cxx:
Makefile   cmake.depends  cmake.check_depends   Cone2.o   Cone2

in step1/cxx:
Makefile   cmake.depends  cmake.check_depends   Cone3.o   Cone3

in step1/cxx:
Makefile   cmake.depends  cmake.check_depends   Cone4.o   Cone4

my question is :

how can i visualize the output file???
i've tryed using paraview, but without succes :-( , i do not know!
My targhet is to create a simple visualization
  software to use it with a "DEM" (digital terrain model)
beacouse i'm a grass's users ( http://www.geo.unipr.it/~grassmirror/
index.php )
this software can export the "DEM" data in VTK file format see :
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/manuals/html62_user/r.out.vtk.html

thanks for any suggestion about this questions.

sorry for my bad englesh,
thanks again!
Massimo