[vtkusers] Re: disable inertia in trackball interaction style?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Nov 22 13:28:49 EST 2006

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> I have added a bug under:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4058&pos=0
>
> For convenience, the code is attached here as well. It is the Cone5 example
> with a repeating timer added.

I don't think this is an out-and-out bug... vtkInteractorStyle is
responding to TimerEvents from your repeating timer and rotating the
camera before State is changed in OnLeftButtonUp.

Its probably better to observe the TimerEvent being invoked from
vtkInteractorStyle rather than vtkRenderWindowInteractor...
you can use HandleObserversOn() and handle idle events from there if you
like. This means the vtkInteractorStyle wont be executing OnTimer() in
response to your repeating TimerEvents.

I've amended your test code as an example, its attached.

hth

Goodwin