[vtkusers] vtkprobe

purple yaya_hyj37 at sohu.com
Fri Nov 17 10:43:16 EST 2006

I've sucessfully finish the vtkProbeFilter test with the vtkUnstructuredGrid
data as the source and with the input of n*n*n the n*n*n vtkImageData as the
input. But the vtkUnstructuredGrid data has the topology, which means the
vtkUnstructuredGrid data has many cells such as the triangles and so on.
However, if the input is the same as above, and the source is also the
vtkUnstructuredGrid, but the file only have the points, all the cell type
are specified as type1, which means vertex type cell, then can I use this
kind of file as the source data to do the probing? I failed, with nothing on
the screen, just the backgroung color. Please help me!! Thank you!

Part of the code has been listed as follows:
vtkImageData *image=vtkImageData::New();
image->SetDimensions(20,20,20);
image->SetSpacing(.05,.2,.2);
image->SetOrigin(0,0,0);

vtkDataSetReader *reader =vtkDataSetReader::New();
reader->SetFileName("unstructuredGrid.vtk");

vtkProbeFilter *probe=vtkProbeFilter ::New();
probe->SetInput(image);
probe->SetSource(reader->GetOutput());