[vtkusers] Surface self-intersections

Gheorghe Postelnicu gheorghe.postelnicu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:23:46 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a surface object which is supposed to have spherical topology
(meaning nice smooth manifold with no self-intersections) and I would
want to test that. It would appear that one of the octree structures
provided by VTK is ideal to assist in this task.

I looked at the vtkOBBTree class a bit and it is not clear to me:

1. how I would actually use it for tasks which are not obvious given
the API (in the past, I have used it to determine the inside-outside
part)

2. if all nodes in the octree are assumes to be disjoint or I would
have to test for that too (probably a childish question..., but better
before than after).

Thanks,
--
Gheorghe Postelnicu, PhD