[vtkusers] Extracting PolyData in Python

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pbarbier at ucalgary.ca
Wed Nov 15 19:39:36 EST 2006

Hello,

if I want to process some image in Python I can use
vtkImageExportToPython and vtkImageImportFromPython to get some numpy
array. However, I don't know what I can do if I want to do the same with
PolyData. Like a list of polygons exactly as represented by the
vtkPolyData (i.e. (n,id1,id2,...,idn, n,id1,id2,...,idn, ...) as
explained in the doc). The problem being that, in Python, it is quite
impratical to use the InitTraversal / GetNextCell when you have a lot of
cells.

Thanks,

Pierre Barbier de Reuille