[vtkusers] flickering when using Qt with VTK

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 14 04:19:52 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am drawing on top of the VTK window using the painter methods in Qt. The
problem is that there is a lot of flickering during updates. So, I have
points that I can drag on the screen and this action causes a lot of
flicker.

Following an earlier discussion, I turned off double buffering (I am using
SuSE) by

extern void qt_x11_set_global_double_buffer(bool);
qt_x11_set_global_double_buffer(false);

However, the flickering still persists. Has anyone else here successfully
done this? How did they avoid this flickering problem.

Cheers,

Anja