[vtkusers] Re: timer example

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 9 16:01:02 EST 2006

First, it doesnt even configure with cmake, see my other thread "cmake fails to find the latest VTK".
Second, I did cvs update (not checkout) - I hope that is fine and this doesnt break anything (I am a cvs ignorant)

The error output:

domel at ibmx60:/tmp/test> uname -a
Linux ibmx60 2.6.18.2 #4 SMP Mon Nov 6 13:59:19 CET 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
domel at ibmx60:/tmp/test> cmake -version
cmake version 2.4-patch 3
domel at ibmx60:/tmp/test> rm -fr *
domel at ibmx60:/tmp/test> cmake ../Cxx/
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/test
domel at ibmx60:/tmp/test> make VERBOSE=1
/usr/local/bin/cmake -H/tmp/Cxx -B/tmp/test --check-build-system CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/depend.make".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/depend.internal".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/TimeRenderer.dir/depend.make".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/TimeRenderer.dir/depend.internal".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/TimeRenderer2.dir/depend.make".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/TimeRenderer2.dir/depend.internal".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/VTKBenchMark.dir/depend.make".
Clearing dependencies in "CMakeFiles/VTKBenchMark.dir/depend.internal".
/usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /tmp/test/CMakeFiles 6
make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/test'
make -f CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/test'
Scanning dependencies of target RenderingCxxTests
cd /tmp/test && /usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /tmp/Cxx /tmp/Cxx /tmp/test                                           /tmp/test /tmp/test/CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/DependInfo.cmake
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/test'
make -f CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/test'
/usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /tmp/test/CMakeFiles 1
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/RenderingCxxTests.o
/usr/bin/c++    -o CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/RenderingCxxTests.o -c /tmp/test/RenderingCxxTe                                          sts.cxx
/tmp/test/RenderingCxxTests.cxx:6:27: error: vtkTestDriver.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/RenderingCxxTests.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/test'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/RenderingCxxTests.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/test'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

regards,
Dominik