[vtkusers] Grid locations for structured grid

Alark Joshi alark_j at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:32:27 EST 2006

Hello all,

the VTK Structured Grid file format contains the position for each voxel in the file as the "datatype" after POINTS in the header of the VTK file.

If you have positions specified as "int", paraview/vtk can load the file and everything works fine. If these positions are "floats", neither of them seem to work. Please let me know if I need to do anything else differently or if anyone else has faced this problem. Thanks.

# vtk DataFile Version 1.0
vtk output
BINARY
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID