[vtkusers] Stereo rendering problem

Valeria Gallo g_luigi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Nov 6 11:23:40 EST 2006

Hi, I'm a vtk newbe.

I have two Benq projectors and a Wildcat II 5110 graphics card and I would
like to view my 3D model using the stereo mode in VTK.

This is a part of code I've written:

vtkRenderer *renderer = vtkRenderer::New();

vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();

renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);

renWin->SetStereoCapableWindow(1);

renWin->StereoRenderOn();

renWin->SetFullScreen(1);

renWin->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();

renWin->StereoUpdate();

There are no errors but I can view the window only in one of the two windows
of the screen (one projector works as extended window).

Probably a solution it will be to use two different render windows, one for
the left eye and one for the right, but I don't know how to put one window
in the first projector and the other window in the second projector.

There is a easy solution for my problem

Thanks in advance

Valeria