[vtkusers] vtkCardinalSpline

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:48:50 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a question about vtkCardinalSpline.I want to generate a spline
between points selected on the screen.

Now, how can I know how many points to evaluate the curve on? Basically, say
I have 10 points on the screen and I would like the curve to pass through
all the 10 points.Normally, I see that the caller divides the area into some
arbitrary number of points and calls the Evaluate() method for each of those
points.

However, when I have 10 selected points on the screen, then hwo do I
determine how many points I need to evaluate my spline on?? How do the
graphics algorithms work. Do they evaluate every position at a specified
interval (say 0.25) between the successive points?

Cheers,

Anja