[vtkusers] problem with fitting image into viewport

Thomas Lambertz thomas at hexerei-software.de
Mon May 29 20:45:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

it took me some time to realize that not the codesnippet postet below
was is the problem. I tried with the tutuials in vtk/Examples/Tutorials
and when adding
ren1->GetActivecamera()->ParallelProjectionOn();
ren1->GetActivecamera()->SetParallelScale(4);
there, all runs well. So copying some code into my project - and to my
surprise - all is ok WHEN i replace my vtkActor2d with the one from the
tutorial (which is a vtkActor).

[...] (connector is an itkImageToVTKImage Filter)

connector->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();

vtkRenderer *ren2= vtkRenderer::New();

*1)
vtkImageMapper *testMapper = vtkImageMapper::New();
testMapper->SetInput( connector->GetOutput() );
testMapper->Update();

vtkActor2D *testActor = vtkActor2D::New();
testActor->SetMapper( testMapper);

ren2->AddActor2D( testActor );

ren2->ResetCamera();
ren2->GetActiveCamera()->ParallelProjectionOn();
ren2->GetActiveCamera()->SetParallelScale(10);

renWin->AddRenderer(ren2);

As the displayed image is correct (except the size) i think all before
*1) works well.So still vtkImageMapper and vtkActor2D on the list.
Searching again the web the code here
http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/coders/content/classes/examples/vtkSliceWidget.html
makes me believe that it´s not a general problem between vtkActor2D and
SetParallelScale().
Looks like not being a big problem - but i am just to blind to see the
solution. Can someone help me out of this misery ?

Thx in advance,
Tom