[vtkusers] Rendering problem

Geoff Smith exine at gmx.net
Sat May 27 18:43:12 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm having some very confusing problems. I'm trying to move a sphere around with a haptic feedback device and am getting the 3D coordinates into my program no problem. I then update the sphere centre with these cordinates. Now this is where it gets weird, if i don't attempt to call render() on the renderwindow nothing changes in the window until i move the scene around a little with the mouse. Then the scene is update and the sphere is moved as expected. Now I want to see the movement in real time, so i have a callback which goes back to the class with the renderwindow and render etc. This callback calls render() on the render window. After this the sphere dissapears from the scene. I've checked the sphere centre and it is normal - so it hasn't actually left the scene. Nothing else is being touched, i.e. the actor, mapper, etc. The other objects in the scene are still shown as normal. I can't seem to find out why it's disappearing...

Is this the best way to force the window to render or is there a better way? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Geoff
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer