[vtkusers] Re: How do I find leaks ?

Paul Tait - OPES Paul at opes.com.au
Tue May 23 20:16:50 EDT 2006

I guess I should rename this thread to how do I find "Dangling References".
While its fairly obvious when I see code like (below) that I'm passing a
reference and incrementing the ReferenceCount variable I'm obviously missing
some other places where the ReferenceCount is incremented and not matching
it with the correct "UnReference" code. Unfortunately it’s a rather high
level object so its causing a substantial memory leak. I'm going to try add
a simple counter to the new/delete code just to confirm I have matching
New()/Delete()  I'll report back on my findings.

obj1->SetInput(obj2->GetOutput());

Again any help on a solution or strategy would be appreciated. I've noticed
Garbage Collection classes in VTK 5 but the docs are a bit sparse. Anything
there that might help me ?

Thanks Paul