[vtkusers] newbie question: how to draw a curved function y=f(x)

Martin Jørgensen s022826 at student.dtu.dk
Sun May 21 10:32:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have made a program that outputs the results in file0001, -002,
-003, -004... etc in .vtk ASCII files (timestep solutions).

Suppose my geometry ranges from x = [0; 0.1] and y = [0;0.1], and I
want to plot the 2D-function (z = 0), y = f(x) = 23*x^2 - 2*x + 0.05
on top of my geometry in paraview, how would I do that? I asked in
the paraview forum, but didn't get respone and then I searched the
forum and found many answers about  lines/curves here on this list -
so I hope I came to the right place.

I suppose I could make a program that makes some very small spacings
dx and then I could probably connect each coordinate by a straight
line... But there's probably a better method, I hope?

I don't know about this tcl/tk interface - perhaps that could be
usen? I've no previous experience with tcl/tk, but somehow I think
there must exist an easy solution to my problem....? I hope this is
an easy question?

TIA,

Regards,
Martin