[vtkusers] Volume Rendering examples for VTK 5.0

Runar Lyngset runarylv at stud.ntnu.no
Sat May 20 15:52:08 EDT 2006

Does anyone have an example of Volume Rendering a dataset in VTK 5.0. If
so, I would very much like to see it since I'm having problems using the
ray-casting components which worked fine for me in previous VTK versions.

I get linking errors when i try to build the program using
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper and vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction. I get
similar errors when using other volume rendering components such as
vtkVolumeTextureMapper.. Other VTK components work fine in my application.

Linking errors in Visual Studio 2005:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
static class vtkVolumeRayCastMapper * __cdecl
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkVolumeRayCastMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function
"public: virtual void __thiscall VMainView::fileOpen(void)"
(?fileOpen at VMainView@@UAEXXZ)
vmainview.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in