[vtkusers] off-screen rendering in java

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Fri May 19 10:19:47 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 15:43 +0200, N. Yang wrote:
> thank you for reminding me. i have this doubt as i am using vtk from lab
> assistant's account
> i guess the OSMesa library is not present. i will have to try to build
> it myself.

I think it also works if you use Mesa as the only GL in VTK. Not all
builds of Mesa provide OSMesa. Here's a lovely quote from the Mesa .spec
in the Fedora .src.rpm.

# FIXME: libOSMesa does not build when DRI is enabled for some reason.  It
# seems next to impossible using the totally broken Mesa buildsystem to build
# both DRI drivers and OSMesa in a single build.  If someone feels like fixing
# all this to build on all 7 architectures, be my guest.

I think I had a libOSMesa.so left over from a very old version that was
totally breaking off screen rendering.

To help CMake find the right versions of things I use my dotfiles to
set:

CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=~/Mesa-6.4.2/lib/
export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH

CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=~/Mesa-6.4.2/include/
export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH