[vtkusers] Volume Rendering in VTK 5.0

Runar Lyngset runarylv at stud.ntnu.no
Tue May 16 08:15:42 EDT 2006

I am trying to figure out how to do volume rendering in VTK 5.0. I've
tried the examples in the VTK user's guide for doing ray casting on an
SLC file. I have previously done this successfully on earlier versions,
but I am having problems finding a way to do this in VTK 5.0.

When using vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction  with
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper I get a linking error in VS 2005.

I've also tried using vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D with the same problem as
the other plugins.

I cannot go back to an earlier version of VTK because I have built my
application around VTK 5.0 and the Qt QVTK widget.

Can anyone suggest a way to solve this problem? Has anyone experienced
similar problems?

Thanks,

Runar Lyngset