[vtkusers] Question about vtkPolyDataToImageStencil

Hendrik Belitz h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
Tue May 16 07:24:10 EDT 2006

Dear VTK users,

I'm using vtkPolyDataToImageStencil to convert meshes into binary masks.
Sadly, it is not clear to me what the function

virtual void vtkPolyDataToImageStencil::SetTolerance  	(float)

is actually doing, since I do not know what's the underlying algorithm of the
vtk class. Increasing the tolerance seems to lead to "leaking" in the
resulting stencil.

Regards
 hendrik

Dipl.-Inform. Hendrik Belitz
Central Institute of Electronics / Zentralinstitut für Elektronik
 Multimodal image processing workgroup / AG Multimodale Bildverarbeitung
Research Center Juelich / Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
D-52428 Jülich, Germany
Tel.: (++49)2461 61 8701 Fax: (++49)2461 61 3990
email: h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
ggp-key available via http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de