[vtkusers] Coronal view

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Mon May 15 12:17:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm developing a medical application and i have a little problem with the
coronal view.

I'm using the vtkImageViewer2 class. It provides 3 methods to change the
view orientation to axial ( XY ), sagital ( YZ ) and coronal ( XZ ). The
problem is that in medical imaging the coordinate system is a little bit
different than the one that vtk uses. This means i have to make changes on
the camera to get the correct orientation to get a correct view of the
medical data. I succeed with the axial and the sagital changes, but not with
coronal, and I don't know why.

when you call vtkImageviewer2::SetSliceOrientationToXZ() the camera is
changed this way

        cam->SetFocalPoint(0,0,0);
        cam->SetPosition(0,-1,0); *// 1 if medical ?*
        cam->SetViewUp(0,0,1);

so the only change is supposed i need to do for the coronal view is
cam->SetPosition( 0 , 1 , 0 ) but I have no result ( a black rendered
image )
and i can't see any slice

What could be the problem? Is a little more complex than changing the
position???