[vtkusers] fatal error on VMWare.

dqchen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Mon May 15 03:54:50 EDT 2006

Dear All:

  Now I transfer my work on a more faster computer. The operation system on this computer is linux, since I am not similar with programming under Linux, technician helped me to install VMWare (Wirtual Machine), such that I can run windows under linux.

  The program enviroment for me is: VTK5.0 + VC++ 6.0 under VMWare. All the work runs very well on my pc, but it generated the link error: (only one error): fatal error LINK1104: can not find VTKRendering.lib.

  I compiled vtk5.0 using VC++6.0 couple times,  then add "dll file path" to the PATH variable as suggested from the forum of vtk users.

  But there still exists the error. Does anyone have any idea about this error?

Best Wishes,

Dongqing Chen
Rm. 007, Paul C. Lutz Hall
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY. 40292
U.S.A.
Email: dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu