[vtkusers] MPI Offscreen Volume Rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Fri May 12 16:15:26 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 14:38 -0500, Kent Williams wrote:
> ImageFromBuffer

I don't see that in the functions list. I'm using CVS does that matter?
I just used the image importer and got the same 2251 byte, blank, black
image that's been haunting me.

I finally figured out that John Biddiscombe was right that I should not
be using the vtkDistributedDataFilter. I think I should be using
vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid to break up the data to which each process
has access.

I'm going to try just rendering each split piece on a node and writing
them to files. I bet it's possible to compost those images after the
seperate renders, even including depth sorting. And it's possible to set
up the cameras to be the same. I won't worry about that right now, I'm
just so sick of seeing the same black window that I want to see each
processor produce something different.