[vtkusers] Viewing inner edges of tetrahedral vtkUnstructuredGrid

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Fri May 12 08:42:43 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to view all edges, including the inner edges, of a tetrahedral mesh that was read as a vtkUnstructuredGrid, and finding that I'm missing something. I picked up on internet some intructions that suggest connecting a vtkGeometryFilter to vtkUnstructuredGridReader, and then using 2 pipelines from the output of vtkGeometryFilter: one with vtkPolyDataMapper & vtkActor, and one with vtkExtractEdges, vtkPolyDataMapper & vtkActor, with both actors connected to vtkRenderer.

But I'm still only seeing the outer surface edges only. Using vtkGlyph3D will allow me to at least view inner vertices (in combination with vtkSphereSource), but I still need to see how these inner vertices connect. Unfortunately, paraview does not have a wireframe representation that displays inner edges.

Can anyone suggest a way of proceding? Is there a parameter in my pipeline that I've neglected?

Best regards,

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Philipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 55
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09