[vtkusers] FEA/M and Python/VTK

William Hunter William.Hunter at mmhgroup.com
Fri May 12 03:49:06 EDT 2006

Has anyone out there ever attempted a go at a 'simple' finite element
analysis program using Python and VTK (or perhaps Mayavi, or even
Enthought's 'traited' VTK, aka Mayavi2). 2D (plane) stuff can be done
with matplotlib, but not in 3D (hence my interest in VTK).

 I'm hoping that the combined knowledge of this (vtkusers) mailing list
will give me some good advise. I'm a mech. engineer by profession and
novice programmer (hobby).

Any thoughts/help/links to websites (which won't show up on Google)?

Regards,

William Hunter