[vtkusers] MPI Offscreen Volume Rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Thu May 11 11:21:02 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:06 -0500, Randall Hand wrote:
> Are you using Mangled Mesa or just regular Mesa?
>
> Just asking, because i've never been able to get the renderwindow to
> go away with regular Mesa.... I've always had to Mangle it.

I'm using mangled mesa, which works for serial processing, but when I
work on the cluster with the vtkCompositeRenderManager and
vtkMPIController, I get a single render window visible again. The Xfb
thing just takes that window and sticks it in an offscreen X server
running on the first node of the job.