[vtkusers] MPI Offscreen Volume Rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Thu May 11 10:52:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 09:35 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 16:25 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> > Despite setting the graphics and imaging factories to use the mesa
> > classes, and telling every render window to be offscreen a I still get a
> > window that pops up on my workstation. The renderer and render window
> > are made by the parallel render manager. Does it know about my
> > factories?
> >

> Even if I create the render window and renderer myself, set them
> offscreen, and assign them to the render manager I still get a render
> window on the display.

I logged in without forwarding the X connection and got this error once.

ERROR: In /home/khobbs/kitware/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 479
vtkXMesaRenderWindow (0x84e8948): bad X server connection.

ERROR: In /home/khobbs/kitware/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 309
vtkXMesaRenderWindow (0x84e8948): bad X server connection.

Using the X virtual frame buffer method in the link below gets rid of this.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-May/073852.html