[vtkusers] MPI Offscreen Volume Rendering

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed May 10 16:25:33 EDT 2006

After learning quite a bit this morning about offscreen rendering, I am
now working on the MPI part of my project. Thanks Randall Hand!

I've attached the code I'm using right now. It has a few problems that I
can see right now.

Despite setting the graphics and imaging factories to use the mesa
classes, and telling every render window to be offscreen a I still get a
window that pops up on my workstation. The renderer and render window
are made by the parallel render manager. Does it know about my
factories?

The image I get is blank. This makes sense if the wrong renderer or
render window are being used.

I get the same error printed to the output many times. It makes me
suspect that the regions aren't quite right.

ERROR: In /home/khobbs/kitware/VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkUnstructuredGridBunykRayCastFunction.cxx, line 634
vtkUnstructuredGridBunykRayCastFunction (0x80fa3c0): Degenerate topology - cell face used more than twice