[vtkusers] How to get silhouette/mask of rendered polydata?

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Mon May 8 10:43:16 EDT 2006

Hi Michael,

There is a filter that does this in 3D, it is called
vtkPolyDataToImageStencil.  There is not yet a VTK filter that does it
for 2D polydata.

However, if you look at
VTK/Widgets/Testing/Cxx/TestImageTracerWidget.cxx (look in Hybrid if you
have VTK 4) there is an example of converting a 2D polydata to a 3D
polydata with extrusion.  Not quite ideal, but it should work.

 - David