[vtkusers] cliping with custom plane

Benedikt Birkenbach birkenbach at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Mon May 8 09:51:04 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I have two geometries given as polydata and I want to clip one by the
other. In principle I do this with vtkClipPolyData and an implicite
function. The implicite function should be the second geometry, just as
a plane implicite function but with some "hills" on it. So I think I try
vtkImplicitDataSet but this doesnt work, there is no Output.

Here the code:

//MY 2 GEOMETRIES
vtkGeometryFilter * poly_source = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
vtkGeometryFilter * poly_target = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
poly_source->SetInput(source);
poly_target->SetInput(target);

vtkClipPolyData * clipper = vtkClipPolyData::New();
vtkImplicitDataSet * ids = vtkImplicitDataSet::New();
ids->SetDataSet(poly_target->GetOutput());
clipper->SetClipFunction(ids);
clipper->SetInput(poly_transform->GetOutput());
clipper->Update();

Nothing is given back, although both geomtries traverse. Any hints or
ideas?

Regards bene

--
/ __ \/ __ \|__  || |/ /  Benedikt Birkenbach                 |