[vtkusers] Streaming Volume Rendering ?

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Thu May 4 22:33:39 EDT 2006

I've been trying to get volume rendering working on our cluster for
large data.

Mostly I've succeeded in crashing nodes. I can just barely do a reduced
data set on my 64-bit 1.5 Gigabyte RAM workstation with Paraview. When I
try on our 32-bit 4 Gigabyte RAM cluster each node tries to use too much
RAM... All the ram. I've tried Paraview and I'm figuring out how to get
it working with VTK. The RAM usage implies to me that I'm not correctly
setting it up so that each node only renders part of the image.

I just did a quick google to see what's out there in case it's already
been done and the best I've found was back in 2000 and just the same
question I'm asking:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2000-January/052756.html

Has anybody else used streaming or MPI with volume rendering?