[vtkusers] vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor issues (MacBook & VTK 5)

robert tamburo rtamburo2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 13:53:24 EDT 2006

I have just made the move from a pentium-based
computer to a MacBook. I am attempting to build a
simple app that integrates VTK and FLTK via the
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor. The issue that I've
encountered is that when an image is loaded (via ITK)
into the window, nothing appears. This works on my
pentium laptop and a Powerbook (with older versions of
VTK and FLTK).

I've independently been able to get the VTK and FLTK
examples to display correctly, so have come to the
conclusion that there may be an issue with
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.

I am using the following versions of software: fltk
1.1.7, vtk-5, cmake 2.2-patch 3,
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor 1.02. I built everything
with Carbon. I've tried to build VTK 4.4.2, but I get
cmake errors (certain commands are no longer available
and I cannot find an older version of cmake available
for download). I've also built each toolkit with c++
and g++. And I've made sure to set up the appropriate
resource forks.

So, has anyone been able to use
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor with the latest versions
of the above software on a MacBook (or PowerBook)? Or
does anyone have an idea of what the issue might be?

Thanks for any help,
Robert