[vtkusers] problem with vtkDelaunay2D

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lplavorante at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:43:26 EDT 2006

Hi everybody, I have posted a question some days ago and I am trying again.
I apologize for repeating the message and hope that somebody can help me.

I am having problems trying to get a constrained triangulation via
vtkDelaunay2D.
The constraints are passed as a set of closed polygons (as in faultlines.tcl),
and some of the polygons share one edge. I have verified in the faultlines
examples that this should not be a problem, but some of the edges in my
polygons do not appear in the final triangulation. This happens only with a
few polygons while the others (which also share an edge with some bigger
common polygons) are correctly triangulated.
My question is: what the problem could be?

I have thought of the points of the vertices which are shared, points that
are inevitably duplicated. But I think vtkDelaunay2D is automatically
merging coincident points.
I could try to check if a point has already been inserted using
vtkPointLocator, but before i do this, I´d like to know why vtkDelaunay2D is
working with no problems with the great majority of polygons which share one
edge.

Thank you for any help

    Luca P. Lavorante