[vtkusers] Re: Pre-built VTK 5.0 documentation?

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Fri Mar 31 16:02:02 EST 2006

In your VTK build directory, switch flag BUILD_DOCUMENTATION to ON with cmake. Type 'c' (configure).

Check the path for DOXYGEN and DOT.
Optionaly, switch DOCUMENTATION_HTML_HELP , DOCUMENTATION_HTML_TARZ or DOXYGEN_SHORT_NAMES to ON.

If you changed anything at this time retype 'c'.

Type 'g' to regenerate the build files.

Go to Utilities/Doxygen in your VTK build directory: there is a doc_makeall.sh script.

Type sh ./doc_makeall.sh

and wait for the result.

Helmut Herrmann wrote:
> Hi Goodwin,
>
> Thank you very much for your offer. However, it would like to learn how
> to create the docs myself if they are not available for download. What
> do you mean by "build the docs with CMake"? Is this the way described in
> doc_readme.txt using Doxygen? Is it possible to create a chm file that
> way?
>
> Helmut
>

> Helmut Herrmann wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Is there a pre-built VTK 5.0 documentation available? From
>>doc_readme.txt:
>>"...Thus, you might browse or download a pre-built documentation here:
>>
>>         http://public.kitware.com/doc/"
>>
>>Unfortunately, there are no files to download, only links for online
>>reading. Am I missing something?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Helmut
>
> Hi Helmut,
>
> There's no pre-built documentation available for VTK 5.0, only for VTK
> 4.2. I've built a compressed html (chm) vtk5.0 documentation file and
> its 43MB... uncompressed I think its about 150MB. I'm guessing there is
> bandwidth concerns or kitware want to supply the documentation on CD
> with their new book.
>
> If you've got a ftp site, I'll upload the chm file. If you want a tar.gz
>
> version, I'll do it over the weekend.
>
> Its not *too* hard to build the docs yourself with CMake...
>
> Goodwin

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive