[vtkusers] Re: vtkThreshold Question

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Fri Mar 31 13:41:12 EST 2006

At 11:54 AM 3/31/2006, Andrea Gavana wrote:
>Hello NG,
>
> >It seems to me (if I have read correctly the doc), that vtkExtractCells
> >requires a vtkDataSet, a file in other words... is that correct?
>
>Sorry, this is wrong. I supposed it because when I call the method as:
>
># grid is a vtkUnstructuredGrid
>
>newgrid = vtk.vtkExtractCells(grid)
>newgrid.SetCellList(mylist)

You can't pass in your unstuctured grid to the constructor of
vtkExtractCells.  It must be passed to vtkExtractCells using either
SetInput or SetInputConnection. The above code segment should look
something like the following.

vtkExtractCells newgrid = new vtkExtractCells();
newgrid.SetInput(grid);
newgrid.SetCellList(mylist);

- Amy