[vtkusers] Re: Pre-built VTK 5.0 documentation?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Mar 31 10:55:30 EST 2006

Helmut Herrmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a pre-built VTK 5.0 documentation available? From
> doc_readme.txt:
> "...Thus, you might browse or download a pre-built documentation here:
>
>          http://public.kitware.com/doc/"
>
> Unfortunately, there are no files to download, only links for online
> reading. Am I missing something?
>
> Thank you,
> Helmut
Hi Helmut,

There's no pre-built documentation available for VTK 5.0, only for VTK
4.2. I've built a compressed html (chm) vtk5.0 documentation file and
its 43MB... uncompressed I think its about 150MB. I'm guessing there is
bandwidth concerns or kitware want to supply the documentation on CD
with their new book.

If you've got a ftp site, I'll upload the chm file. If you want a tar.gz
version, I'll do it over the weekend.

Its not *too* hard to build the docs yourself with CMake...

Goodwin