[vtkusers] Visual Studio 2005 link error

Tim Thornton tt at smartcomsoftware.com
Wed Mar 29 11:31:39 EST 2006

Hi all,
We're using VTK 4.2 in a project which started in Visual Studio 2003, and we
are now upgrading to VS2005. We've written a DLL in C++ that forms a wrapper
to the functions we need, and also bridges between the managed and unmanaged
code.
Although it compiled and ran fine under VS2003, under VS2005 we get the
following error messages:

VtkEngine.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
char const * __thiscall vtkObjectBase::GetClassName(void)const "
(?GetClassName at vtkObjectBase@@UBEPBDXZ)

VtkEngine.obj is our wrapper class, and it seems to just dislike this one
vtk component.

Has anyone else experienced this? Will it disappear if we upgrade VTK 4.4.2
or 5.0, or if we recompile all the VTK source code under VS2005?

Thanks for any info
Tim
Smartcom Software
Tim Thornton