[vtkusers] GetOutput & GetOuputPort

B.J.Prosser at cs.cardiff.ac.uk B.J.Prosser at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Mar 29 10:53:14 EST 2006

>On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 17:12 +0200, bailleul jonathan wrote:
>> my two euro-cents:
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing the point, but it seems that old versions of tcl
>> examples tend to use SetInputConnection instead of SetInput, and
>> GetOutputPort instead of GetOutput. Many errors can be avoided in
>> systematically converting these names (sed, search-replace, etc)...
>>

>> Best regards,
>>

>I thought so too but then I found reference to scripts that
>systematically switched them the other way.
>
>I found the SetInputConnection and GetOutputPort type methods in
>http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAlgorithm.html
>I couldn't find GetOutput and SetInput except for the older versions of
>VTK.
>
>Maybe the documentation needs a comment like, "These replace the old
>GetOutput and SetInput in most cases..."

Ok thanks for the help so far, but ive been looking through the doc and the
error messages im getting from tcl, it seems that
SetInputConnection/GetOutputPort from vtkAlgorithm returns a vtkAlgorithmOutput
while GetOutput/SetOutput deals with vtkDataSet (in the vtkIterativeClosestPoint
algorithm that im trying to use. Any idea on how to get from the
vtkAlgorithmOutput that my transformation code outputs to a vtkDataSet that my
ICP needs?

Thanks

Bryan