[vtkusers] visualizing brain scan data

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Wed Mar 29 10:36:29 EST 2006

  Hi,
I have a file that contains information derived from a DT MRI scan.  The
information is in the form of set of floating point triplets for each
pixel of a 20x256x256 volume.  i.e the file is of the form:

A(1,1,1) = (3.2, 1.1, 1.2),
A(1,1,2) = (5.6, 2.8,3.2),
 ...,
A(1,1,256) = (4.3,6.5, 5.4),
A(1,2,1 )= (4.5, 6.7, 2.3)
A(1,256,256) = (4.5, 5.6, 6.7),
A(2,1,1) = (1.2, 2.3, 3.4),
 ...,
A(20, 256, 256) = (5.4, 4.2, 2.1)

The index number of elements is of course not contained in the file.  I
wrote them to make the format clear.

I know the physical resolution of each point and of course I can write a
program to place whatever headers are needed.

QUESTION:

How can I have paraview  to automatically map the triplet values to HSV
and/or RGB triplet sets and display the volume.  I don't really care
what format my data file is converted to (e.g pvd, vtk, tiff, ...) so
long as it requires minimal programming on my part, as I am not really a
programmer.

I am hoping that this is a very easy problem and that there exists some
reader/writer filter in paraiew or VTK/ITK  to help with this task.

thanks for all your help,
Arash

PS  Sorry if this is a repeat