[vtkusers] GetNumberOfCells() Returns Strange Answer?

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 05:27:14 EST 2006

Hello NG,

    I have a 3D finite difference grid (corner point grid) in which, in one
case for example, I have these number of cells in X, Y, and Z directions:

NX = 19, NY = 28, NZ = 5
This means that the grid has 2660 cells. Well, if I give the coordinates of
every vertex of every cell, I should end up with a matrix of coordinates of
size 21280x3 (2660 cells x 8 corners x 3 coordinates XYZ). Am I right till
now?
Well, probably I didn't understand correctly what MyGrid.GetNumberOfCells()
should return, but it always returns 18315 (?!?), which is a number I can
not recover from any possible arithmetic operation between the numbers 19,
28, 5. Am I missing something?

Thank you very much for your help.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/