[vtkusers] MingW with VTK?

Vincent Nicolas vnic at gmx.fr
Sun Mar 26 05:00:48 EST 2006

Hi Cesar,

I didn't said the project is dead, only unmaintained. I don't have any
authoritative link, I apologizes, I should have said "looks like
unmaintained".
I used Dev-C++ for a long period, and I was (and I still am) a big fan.
But the facts are here... the Bloodshed website had no modifications
since one year. The "news" page, which was frequently used to announce
events had no changes since feb 2005.
There is no new release since last year. The sourceforge forum still has
a lot of traffic, but mainly from users. The developpers forum has
really less traffic. Sometimes there is a post where developpers says
they are working on a new version but also that they are very busy at
the moment... and finaly, there had no modifications on the cvs since
last year too.
I really think the authors want to keep developing and enhancing the
project, but have not enough time to do it. And unfortunately as Dev-c++
is developed with Delphi, there are few people that proposes to help.

Regards,

Vincent NICOLAS
Communications and Remote Sensing Lab.
Universite catholique de Louvain