[vtkusers] Please help...DecimatePro and Textures

Avinash Reddy avinash.t.reddy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 17:05:41 EST 2006

Hi,

I have got a terrain (landscape with some mountains) to which I would
like to apply a Texture of the Ordenance Survey map.  The texture
seems to apply fine apart from the fact that the rendering/interaction
is very slow!

However, the problem with the Texturing arises when I try and decimate
the landscape (to improve the interaction time).  I have to use the
vtkTriangleFilter to convert the polydata (for the landscape) into
triangles and then I decimate the triangles by 0.9 using
vtkDecimatePro.
However, in the visualisation, the texture map seems to be really
disjointed due to the triangles and the decimation process!

Is there a way that I can apply the Texture without this happening as
it is ruining my visualisation?

Regards,
Avinash