[vtkusers] [Question] Is it possible to save a frame with VTK ?

Nicolas Cathaud nicolas.cathaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:10:46 EST 2006

Hello,

It's the first email I post to the list, I hope it will not be the last.

First, I want to excuse me for my english, indeed I'm french and my english
is very scolar !

I develop an application which presently use SDK. I want to use VTK in order
to increase the performance of the application. And I want to know if the
following thing is possible with VTK :

I have a scene with a lot of triangles, and I have to draw, circles for
example, on this scene. My idea is to "save" the scene in an auxiliary
buffer, and after restore this in the BACK_BUFFER, then draw on this
BACK_BUFFER and last do a swap with the FRONT_BUFFER. My question is if it's
possible to save a frame, and to restore it quickly.

Thanks for your attention,

Regard,

Nicolas Cathaud