[vtkusers] Re: GUI interface to use with VTK

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 13:23:56 EST 2006

Hi Mathieu,

* Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com> wrote:
> Beth Carvalho wrote:
>> Hi, I'm trying to develop an application in C++ (using Visual C++ 6.0)
>> with VTK. I'm still at the installation phase, having already installed
>> CMake and VTK. Of course, I do need a pretty interface to use with it. I
>> know that using MFC with VTK is not the best solution. On the other
>> hand, as far I have found out, the best solution might be to use
>> wxWidgets or KWWidgets. Well, my application will be developed to run on
>> both Windows 2K and XP. I intend to use C++ as my developing language.
>> Can anyone advice me? If there's any example code putting VTK +
>> KWWidgets and VTK + wxWidgets, it would also help me a lot to undestand
>> how this can work together... By the way, I had problems in downloading
>> KWWidgets from WIKI site using CVS (I have installed TortoiseCVS
>> 1.8.25)...any tips? Thanks and best regards, Beth
>
> If you are planning to use wxWidgets. I'd suggest you check out:
>
> http://wxvtk.sourceforge.net/
>
> The CVS version add some fixes for Cocoa/Carbon wxWidgets.
>
> http://sf.net/projects/wxvtk

I just downloaded version 0.8 and have some difficulties on
my ubuntu breezy system:

`--# make
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/Sample.dir/Sample/Sample.o
In file included from
/home/fab/HOME/wxVTK/src/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.h:61,
                 from
/home/fab/HOME/wxVTK/Sample/Sample.cpp:14:
/usr/include/wx/gtk/win_gtk.h:23:29: error:
gtk/gtkfeatures.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:76: error: conflicting
declaration 'typedef struct _GdkAtom* GdkAtom'
/usr/include/wx/defs.h:2067: error: 'GdkAtom' has a previous
declaration as 'typedef gulong GdkAtom'
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:102: error: conflicting
declaration 'typedef struct _GdkDrawable GdkBitmap'
/usr/include/wx/defs.h:2069: error: 'GdkBitmap' has a
previous declaration as 'typedef struct _GdkWindow
GdkBitmap'
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:103: error: conflicting
declaration 'typedef struct _GdkDrawable GdkPixmap'
/usr/include/wx/defs.h:2070: error: 'GdkPixmap' has a
previous declaration as 'typedef struct _GdkWindow
GdkPixmap'
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:104: error: conflicting
declaration 'typedef struct _GdkDrawable GdkWindow'
/usr/include/wx/defs.h:2068: error: 'GdkWindow' has a
previous declaration as 'typedef struct _GdkWindow
GdkWindow'
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Sample.dir/Sample/Sample.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Sample.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems that I am missing some packages...
Do you have any idea, which one I have to install?

Greetings!
 Fabian