[vtkusers] Image volume intersecting with nonogthogonal plane.

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 12 17:07:14 EST 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 10:10:19PM +0100, ?ukasz Tutaj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible in vtk to intersect volume (consist of many DICOM images
> from CT) with nonorthogonal plane and then to show on a screen the plane
> of intersection. If yes, which class shold I use, or maybe there are
> some examples. I know that vtkImageReslice do something I'm thinking
> about but I managed to obtain only orthogonal intersections.

That's the right class.  The doxygen docs for it should point you in
the right direction:

    3) Extraction of slices from an image volume. The most convenient
    way to do this is to use SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines() to
    specify the orientation of the slice. The direction cosines give
    the x, y, and z axes for the output volume. The method
    SetOutputDimensionality(2) is used to specify that want to output
    a slice rather than a volume. The SetResliceAxesOrigin() command
    is used to provide an (x,y,z) point that the slice will pass
    through.

-Steve