[vtkusers] How to extact the geometry within a bounding box from a vtkPolyData ? Please Help !!!!!

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:43:57 EST 2006

Well, I see 3 options:

1) Use multiple cuts with "vtkPlanes".. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe
if you define 6 planes with normals pointing inwards, it'll work.
2) Take the vtkBox.cxx & vtkBox.h from 5.0, and include it in your project
with whatever modifications are needed to get it working with 4.2.  It's
just derived from vtkImplicitFunction, which does exist in 4.2, so it should
be easy work as the vtkImplicitFunction model is pretty simple & easy to
use.
3) Upgrade to vtk5.