[vtkusers] How to extact the geometry within a bounding box from a vtkPolyData ? Please Help !!!!!

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:23:09 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

I have an open triangular mesh surface in the form of vtkPolyData.

And i also have a Region of Interest ( ROI ) bounding box.

How do i extract the geometry within this ROI bounding box from the
vtkPolyData surface ?

I know that, one method is to create a scalar array and assign all the
geometry inside the ROI to be of one value ( inside value ) and all the
geometry outside the ROI to be of another value ( outside value ).

But for this, i have to write a loop which sets a scalar value for each and
every point in the vtkPolyData, which will take a long time.

I was looking for a vtk filter which can do this clipping faster.........or
is there a way to generate the scalars faster ?

I am sure there is a nice way of doing this and i am sure there might be a
VTK filter for this job, since this is a very commonly performed operation.

But i could not find a filter in vtk for this.

Does any one know how to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepak Roy