[vtkusers] vtkMFCWindow causing crash in release mode with visual studio

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:51:29 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am building a Visual Studio project (.NET 2003 version) which uses
the vtkMFCWindow (vtk5.0). The program builds fine in both Debug &
Release modes, and runs without error in Debug mode. However, when the
program is run in release mode it crashes when it gets to:

this->pvtkMFCWindow = new vtkMFCWindow(this);

Any ideas as to what is causing this. I wondered if it related to the
mode I used to build vtk - is this the case?

Cheers,

Mark