[vtkusers] Compiling VTK + Java under cygwin, JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY

Stewart, Terry Terry.Stewart at xeroxlabs.com
Wed Mar 8 11:41:14 EST 2006

Lars,

  The jawt.lib file is part of the Java distribution that you can download from http://java.sun.com/.   I believe you'll need the Java Development Kit (JDK) rather than the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).  The latest version is 5.0 and the download page is at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp.  It will get installed by default in your C:/Program Files/Java directory which is where the VTK build is looking for it.

Terry