[vtkusers] Performance of vtkImplicitModeller and vtkConfourFilter

berry lua.byhh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:16:27 EST 2006

Hi, all

I have just tested vtkImplicitModeller to voxelize a geometric object
represented by triangle primitives and used vtkContourFilter to
reconstruct it.  This object is a normal CAD model but not a convex hull and
it  just has 1200 triangles.

However, the whole process uses  nearly 4-5 hours when I test a 128*128*128
voxelization. While my PC 's CPU : P4. 3G, Memory
1G.  I don't know why the performance is so slow comparing to the official
implicitmodeller example.

Dose anyone give some hints?

kind regards
berry

--
Pang Shengyong
berry_hust at hotmail.com
Solidification  Simulation Lab, Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech.

(Tel)+86-27-87541922