[vtkusers] VTK for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition

Jeremy Drysdale jeremy.drysdale at philips.com
Mon Mar 6 10:35:17 EST 2006

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully compile VTK for 64bit on Windows XP
64-Bit Edition?  I too am reading files much larger than the 2 GB limit
and need the 64bit edition, but can not get a 64 bit compile.

Any help would be appreciated.  Even if it can't be done, a few "no"'s may
 at least convince me I'm just spinning my wheels.

Thanks
-Jeremy

>Hi,

>Is there a possibility to compile vtk for 64 bit addressing on Windows XP
64-Bit Edition? I need this because my application needs to read files
exceeding 2Gb on the whole. I think that I only need to compile vtk in 64
bit mode to get all the objects and libraries for an >executable in the 64
bit version. Any suggestions welcomed.